04 February 2005

Alcohol your friend?

Telegraph | News | Drink is as damaging as tobacco, warn medics

Many of my friends know how strongly I am against the use of Alcohol. I feel that the drug is by far the most mind altering abused drug in the world, especially in the United States. Peoples lives have been ruined and their children's lives have been hugely affected because of someone's desire to drink.

Please let me clarify... Alcohol went very far to ruin my childhood. I don't support it at all. Regardless, if someone chooses to drink, they need to make sure of several things.

~They are ok with the damages to their body
~They are not affecting anyone else (directly or indirectly)

Several college students make the opinion that they can drink now and get drunk, and will get themselves under control later.

Sadly, many of them didn't get the memo. Health Concerns area affecting them now! And alcohol is addicting!

My father had a massive stroke last year from continued alcohol and ciggarette use. More importantly, my father has put so much stress on my family over the course of me and my brothers childhood. I can not tell you how many times I cried wishing dad didn't drink.

Do yourself a favor - Don't start, and if you think you're in control. You're fooling yourself.

Be Smart

No comments: